Monday, April 4, 2011

Giving things a name

Yesterday I started a Twitter account upon someone's suggestion. After- I asked someone "what's the purpose of Twitter anyway?" He then related to me that "Twitter is more for people who want to be celebrities- who are trying to represent a certain 'brand' in a way." Immediately I realize Twitter is not what I want. I don't intend on being any sort of celebrity- nor do i (by nature) ascribe to any 'brand.'
I'm naming this blog "entropic serendipity" because my whole persona hints at something more subtle- something- "something." It's slightly chaotic in nature... always fading away before you can place a finger on it. It's "a figurative lack of order or predictabilitygradual decline into disorder" with its root being mid 19th cent.: from en- [inside] + Greek tropÄ“ =transformation.’ -denoting something in flux or changing into something different (not decisively decided.) Put all of that into that which is Serendipity in its entirety. "the faculty of making fortunate discoveries by accident" (finding beauty in a place you did not expect it)- always with the understanding that it requires a certain level of sagacity to ever experience.
I hope this will gradually become something exquisite- not "lofty" or airy. Things that happen in my life are so interestingly collided with my bumbling that I cannot claim to have any respect of hand in causing the beautiful things I see- I just want to share them. What I seek to contain cannot be grasped- much like the scent of the rain. In like manner, there are many who dislike rain because they cannot break their heart to love the experience betwixt the grayness of the sky, the chill, the wet- so it is an esoteric thing to appreciate. Note that those who have the mind to watch the rain are the ones who are gifted with seeing the world being ethereally cleansed.
The deepest collections of choice morsels are never ascribed to a brand. They are the homely and genuinely wrought things which we long for. The cornucopia of seasonings and elements that compose the taste of one person's experience is impossible to replicate. If it were not for the sympathetic and highly creative imaginative capabilities of those who search for more than they have- we would never be impassioned enough to work out a viable means of communicating the things we find so beautiful.
It was recently my sad observation of all of the small things which I will have appreciated and then lost forever that has spurred me to begin... telling you... my life.
The best flavors in cooking are bold and unique- much like the constructs of music. There are the base flavors that resonate strongly, the acids that electrify and illuminate, the juxtaposition of savory and sweet which sings out, the overtones which enrapture you and make you yearn, but- it is the complex aroma that first draws you and entices you.
I hope that I will achieve a good balance of elements in what I say so as to produce hearty sensations so that if you endure, it will not have been for any little purpose- but for a small portion of a great one. I wouldn't dare to use twitter- because it's not what I'm hoping for. 160 characters cannot express the intimate intentions I now understand to be of enough importance so as to inspire the words that follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment