Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Subtle flavor

So today seems to have a subtle message for me. In this blog I seek for something good to share in what I know or feel- but I won't say that I found anything inexplicable rare or extraordinarily beautiful today. In truth- I want this blog to give note to the fine blessings and passing thoughts that God gives us. I want to take notice and give praise to Him for the subtle things that normally pass before the unseeing eyes of those who think lesser of great collisions of fate.
Today was interesting. The sky was clear- and I feel the bitter fingers of winter slipping off for good. With warmth to look forward to, food provided for me, good projects to be a proud steward of, and flickering hope of new ministry venues being lit, I'll say that it was a very nice day.
Because I was finishing the aesthetics of my blog page in chapel, a friend of mine noted that she also had a blog. I had other things to do, so I put it off until just a few minutes ago. After a somewhat challenging songwriting session, I decided to check my mail on the off chance that someone decided to "love me." I received two things: my passport and a bill.
I observe things very well in conjunction with each other- and even observe in the scope of the symbolic connotations things might have. The bill looked new- not like the ones I was expecting, so I opened it in curiosity. It is apparently a bill from the doctor gone to a debt collector with a bill of $900+ (which should have been absolutely covered by my insurance.)
How I read this symbolically= I receive the tool to go serve and explore. I receive the accusation of the world's claim on me- saying that adventure is impossible and that my ties to debt and duty will keep me imprisoned as a slave, to the false remedies, caused by the sickness inherently tied to us in the scope of our curse.
With my level of faith- I know that God will provide for me to fulfill His great plans for my life. My developing understanding of "Heaven," and resurrection and the freedom we have from the claims of anything that speaks against the wholeness of God's claimed ones, allows me to have a peace about my future. I live well according to the verse that says "Do not worry about your life- for who of you, by worrying, can add an hour to you life?" but I thought... "why am I not more affected- at least burdened or affected?" The answer came as I was reading my friends' blog. The whole message of her blog is of love, light and uplifting truth- pointed at God's benevolence for us. She had a rebuke against stress which included the verse "“He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. His heart is secure, he will have no fear; in the end he will look in triumph on his foes.” (Psalm 112:7-8)"
So I know that the powers that seek to hold me in bond, which is in conflict with the plan that God has for me, will not succeed. 
I know the money I do have is going to missions in one way or another. As of late I have been refined more and more in the Spirit. God is furthering my gifts of music, prophecy, and knowledge. As I pursue my gifts in music (and now have the venue of going to Carnegie Hall to perform with my choir) I realize the plan God has for me is much too grandiose to be bothered by the claims against the potential and purpose of my life.
You see, I know that even kings and rulers will be ruined in all their plans. A day is coming when the sin of men will not have the strong hold of fear in the lives of so many. There are oppressors who seek to destroy the people of this country and this freedom we possess. As men in high seats of power smile in wickedness at the contracts they have made with people- they will fall from their lofty places. The Lord will cause justice. Soon there will come a day when the capitalistic oligarchy which rules this nation will be removed from its seat. No longer will the sick be oppressed by the rich. (i'll get into this in a different post)
In the same way- the truth and power of Christ will spread as the lens of sin is taken off. When His power is fully shown, there will be healing and freedom. Now is the time where we remain stewards of what we are given to work with to prepare for the time of harvest that is surely coming.
Consequently, as today has an atmosphere of cool wind rushing through like cool water, so I feel the refreshing and renewing hand of God pressing me to remember that warmer days are coming- that more promise has yet to be fulfilled. Though I am made fully aware of the taxing things that are set before me- I have no worry because I am in His hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment